Goals for 2018
It’s rare that I ever look back at a year in review and think “Yeah, I nailed it.” 2017 maybe even less so. It found it difficult to maintain long term focus and a lot of little projects definitely fell through the cracks. That being said here are my goals for 2018 (both personal and professional):
- More technical posts:
- I should be more comfortable providing technical information to a wider audience. I might not post more at this point, but I like to post more helpful/specific articles.
- Pass the 70-463 Exam:
- This would complete my SQL MSCA and would be a nice milestone. I’ve been slowly working my way through test prep materials but I need to ramp it up and get it learned.
- Continue learning to play the ukulele:
- I know a few chords but it’d be nice to get an actual song or two into my skill set. Especially since my father has taken up building instruments and has nearly completed a tenor uke for me.
- Pass my nidan test:
- I’m an aikido instructor (evenings and weekends) and this last year my personal training has fallen off a bit. I need to buckle down and put the work in on my own progress.
What are your goals for next year?